Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

When I was a littlye tike, Grammy Gristle used to sit me down on her knee and tell about abuot the olden days. How she came in during the Great War and how they were raised to believ that life was gonna get better now that they lived in America. She said that she and Grampy Gristle came here so that their children and their childrens children (which now includes me) would have better lives. More enriching. Well, I look around me now--at my unmade Murphy bed with 3 week old ill-fittin sheets, at my ol Sony Tv with the rabbit ears (and now with tat new dijital converta), and at my gun holster slung over my Ma's ol kitchen chairs that never seem to sit flush on the floor, an I think, WHEN exactly is things gonna get better?

I guess for me its my own fault. No one ever said tat if you get divorced 4 times lifes gonan be easy. But its times like this when Im feelin down thhat I think about my Ma. Especiallay when I look at them chairs. Shes been gone now 9 years and I couldnt miss her more. Its tru waht they say ya know, you never rellay know what you got until its gone. An my mom is gone. An that make s me sad. I get real bummed on certain days like Mothers Day. Chrismas Day. Her birthday. An the day she died. I knoe its hard to believe, a big ol tough guy cop like me, but its tru...Im blubberin like a baby right now.

Happy Mothers Day, Ma. I miss you.
Love, Terry

No comments: