Saturday, April 17, 2010

All good in the hood

Las night i went for a walk around the neighborhood after eatin a dinner that consisted of a mixed nuked veggies on a rap with a slice of cheese. The rap was pretty good considerin I didnt slather it with butter. I gotta say this diet is killin me but not as bad as I tthought. Right now its not that I'm starvin. Iactually DO feel full its all pretty much mental. Being a cop in the big city, youre always walkin by places that smell so good. Delis, bodegas, fast food joints, restaraunts, HOT DOG VENDORS! Oh man how I lvoe my NYC dirty water dogs. Hot and steamy covered with mustard, onions, sour krout....
Crap. I'm freakin droolin.

Anyway, as you can see, its hard sometimes but I been good. I been makin my own lunch and brekfast and writin every calory down. Keepin em under 1900! 1900!!! I used to eat that in just one meal sometimes. I useta drink but I hadda stop. Drinkins what ended my last 2 marriages. Thats when I started puttin on the pounds. Hittin the cop bars afeter hours. Headin to the firehouses with the Bravest to chow down on cheesy chilli and whatnot. I was outta control for awhile. After I stoped with the booze I kept eatin to fill the void. The void made by one bad marriage after another and my refusal to drown my sorrows in drink. I'm not saying I coulda made better choices. who couldnt? But I'm tryin now.

Summer is fast approachhing and while I aint gonna be caaught shirtless in a bikiinie Id like to at least walk down the Coney Island board walk without sweat develpin under my boobs. That's fine and dandy when youre a lady but when your some older guy....

So I ended my eve hoofin it around the hood last night an d I have to say I aint sorry I missed some of the Yankee game. It was a beautiufl nite and everbody was out. I jsut pluggd some Sinatra into my walkman and let ol' blue eyes start leadin me to brighter skies.

--Gristle out

No comments: